Home Screens

Friday, August 19, 2011

HTC Pledges Support For The Android Platform





HTC's Peter Chou is one my favorite figures in the tech world and I tend to watch what he says. I often start my work day with a Google search of his name. Many have been wondering what his true feelings are on the Motorola deal despite HTC making statements saying they approved. Today Peter Chou stated that Google made it "very very clear" they were committed to HTC and this would not be changing because they purchased Motorola. Lets toss the kooks out of here folks. Ask yourselves for a second why did Google buy a failing Motorola Mobility. If you think it was to get into the hardware business I would ask that you give that some more thought. If your going to pay for a company at that price over the actual stock value the also failing LG would have been a better deal if I just want to make hardware. It was for the patent portfolio. Google can now defend itself expertly against Apple and it's evil consortium's advances. Furthermore Peter Chous says:
"It's not the Operating System it's the Ecosystem"

and again:

"We think we can find a way to differentiate to add value,  but at the same time leverage our partners Google and Microsoft, since we have such a great relationship with them."

This doesn't sound like a man who is afraid. I don't trust the commentators as much as I trust Mr. Chou. If he has no concerns with the Google/Microsoft deal then neither should I. I think  if he had an issue with it he would say nothing rather than say the opposite. I end my commentary with another quote from Mr. Chou.

"The acquisition is more to enhance the Google patent portfolio, to support us, to protect us, so this is good news."

Kidromulous
Editor type guy here... I think... hold on let me check
AndroREV
We are AndroREV WE are!



No comments:

Post a Comment